Knit, Sew, Create!
ENTRIES CLOSE: FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST
COLOURING COMPETITION: MONDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER
FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER: 8.30AM – 1.30PM
• PLEASE PARK OUTSIDE THE HANDICRAFT MARQUEE WITHOUT BLOCKING ANY
MARKED OUT TRADE PITCHES
• EXHIBIT COLLECTION DETAILS WILL BE GIVEN DURING STAGING ON THE FRIDAY
RULES OF THE AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
1. All entries must be made by the closing date as stated in the schedule together with the
2. All exhibits must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor.
3. No persons shall be with the judges (while executing their duty) except the President, the
Secretary or Stewards of the relevant sections.
4. Any exhibitor making a protest shall do so within one hour of the opening of the relevant
section to exhibitors in writing to the Show Manager, together with a £10 deposit. The protest
shall be settled by the Section Chairman from whose decision there shall be no appeal. In the
event of the protest being ruled frivolous the deposit shall be forfeited. If the protest is upheld,
the deposit will be returned to the protester.
Society which states your contact details may be used to process your entry and to keep you
up to date with relevant show information in the future. A full version of the privacy pol- icy can
be viewed at fromecheeseshow.co.uk. If you wish to change your contact details or preferences
at any time please contact the Society and we will action your request as soon as possible
RULES OF THE HOMECRAFT & HANDICRAFT SECTION
1. In all classes exhibits must be the unaided work of the exhibitor. No exhibit previously shown
at a Frome Cheese Show is eligible for entry. The judge’s decision is final.
2. No exhibitor can make more than one entry per class. The committee reserves the right to
refuse any entry without stating reason.
3. Security will be present on the showground during the night of 9th September.
4. While taking all care the Society will not hold itself responsible for damage or loss of exhibits.
5. Exhibits must be staged on Friday 9th Sept from 8.30 am - 1.30pm.
6. The marquee will close at 5pm on show day.
7. No exhibit to be removed before 5.15 pm on show day unless with express permission of the
Chief Steward, or Show Secretary.
8. Winners may collect their exhibits and prize money from the marquee on the show field from
5.15 pm - 6.00 pm on show day. Any prize money not collected at the time will be available
for collection from the show office in Frome for two weeks after show day. (Telephone 01373
463600 for opening times.) Any monies not collected by this date will be forfeited to the Society.
Any exhibits remaining in the marquee after 6.00pm will be removed to the Secretary’s office
9. Class numbers will be available for collection during setup on Friday 9th September. Pins
will be available for attaching numbers to handicraft items and self-adhesive numbers for other
works including back of photography.
10. Cards will be provided by the Society for competitors who wish to indicate that work is made
to their own original design.
11. All exhibits must be ‘as new’.
12. All entries must be suitable for a family show. Points System for all classes: 1st prize 4
points 2nd prize 2 points 3rd prize 1 point