Would you like to enter the Industrial Section of the Show?
Please enter online wherever possible at www.dalstonshow.co.uk
~ How to go about entering using a paper entry form ~
1. Look through this booklet (schedule) and decide which classes you want to enter.
2. Keep entries for the Industrial classes (baking, floral art etc. in the Marquee) and Agricultural
classes(all horse, cattle,sheep and vintage) on separate entry forms.
3. Fill in the form (e.g. Class No., Entry Fee). Please Note: Children's and stated OAP. classes do not need to be paid for.
4. If a number of people are entering please USE ONE ENTRY FORM PER PERSON.
5. Send your entry form and money for the fees to the appropriate secretary,on or before Friday 28th July.
6. In the week prior to the Show you will be sent Green Tickets.These all need to be filled in with
your name and address (for children add their age for childrens classes only).They should be folded
so that the name is concealed until after judging. Please secure the ticket to your entry (exhibit) so
that it can be identified.
7. On Show Day take your entries to the Marquee before 10am.
8. If you are dropping your industrial entries off by car, PLEASE use the Townhead Road Entrance (Gate 5). See the showfield plan in the schedule.
9. After judging fill in the forms (available in the Marquee) to collect your prize money. This will be paid out between 3pm-4.30pm in the Marquee.
10. BE SURE TO REMEMBER TO COLLECT YOUR ENTRIES AT 4.30PM.
INDUSTRIAL SECTION SHOWING RULES
1. ALL ARTICLES MUST BE BONA FIDE HANDWORK OF THE EXHIBITOR.
2. The Society do not hold themselves responsible for loss, damage or detention of exhibits but every care will be taken.
3. Entries 50p each payable at time of entry NO entry will be accepted until money is paid. Entry to Children and OAP classes only are free. No’s 231, 232, 277, 301 to 335, plus 344. Cheques to be made payable to Dalston Show.
4. Age to be taken on Show Day.
5. All exhibits must be staged by Exhibitors between 8 and 10am on Show Day.
6. PLEASE USE TOWNHEAD ROAD ENTRANCE (GATE 5) if you are dropping your Industrial Exhibits off by car. See showfield plan in schedule.
7. The decision of the Judge as to the prizes awarded shall be final and in no case shall a prize be awarded unless the judge deems the exhibit of sufficient merit, more especially if only one exhibit is presented.
8. The tent will not be open to exhibitors or public before I pm.
9. NO EXHIBIT TO BE SENT BY POST.
10. Any exhibitor having 16 paid entries or more will be entitled to a free admission ticket.
11. PRIZE MONEY WILL BE PAID OUT BETWEEN 3PM & 4.30PM. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
12. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER CLASS.
13. The public will be asked to leave the tent at 4.20pm.No article to be removed before 4.30pm. No one will be allowed in the tent after time without a Removal Ticket. Exhibits not removed by 5pm are left at owners risk.
14. Green Tickets will be forwarded to the exhibitor in the week before Show Day. These ALL need to be filled in with your name and address (for children's classes only, the child exhibitor age is to be added). In all Classes, the labels must be folded so that the name is concealed and be well attached to exhibits.
Should this not occur the Society do not hold themselves responsible for any ensuing confusion
15. All prize winning articles from previous Dalston Shows will be excluded.
16. All trophies to be held for ONE YEAR ONLY.
17. Exhibits in classes 290, 291 and 300 to be displayed hanging.
18. Entries close on Friday 28th July and due to limited space in the Industrial Marquee, late entries brought on show morning cannot be guaranteed to be accepted.
Entry Fee 50p
Prizes: 1st £7.00, 2nd £5.00, 3rd £3.00
(except where stated)
A Challenge Cup will be given by the Society to the Competitor gaining the most points in the Industrial Section.
A Cup will be given by Mr Alan Craig for the most outstanding exhibit in the Industrial Section.
All Industrial Section Trophies will be presented in the Industrial Tent at 4pm.