Rules for Sheep Exhibitors
1. It is essential that Isolation areas have been passed and license issued - Any queries should be addressed to DAERA.
2. Movement permits must be brought to the show – SHEEP WITHOUT A PERMIT WILL BE TURNED AWAY. Please make your way to the permit stand where your permit will be stamped in accordance with DAERA regulations.
3. Exhibitor numbers will NOT be issued. Entry details will be posted back to each exhibitor with entry numbers marked – this must be brought with exhibitor on show day.
4. Due to Bio-Security Measures, Straw is Prohibited for use at Ballymena Show – sawdust may be allowed – exhibitors must supply their own bedding.
5. Sheep for Exhibition, showing signs of any kind of disease, will have to be removed by the Owner immediately.
6. Parking – please follow the signs and instructions issued by the stewards.
7. All sheep classes will be judged on Saturday 17th June 2023, commencing from 9.30am, with Greyface - remainder of sections commence judging from 10am.
8. Amalgamation/Division/Cancellation of Classes. Where, in the opinion of the Association, there are either insufficient or too many entries in any one Class, the Association may, without reference to the Exhibitor or Agent, amalgamate, divide or cancel such Class. Amalgamation may be effected with any other similar, or relevant Class, with or without increase of Prize Money, but where a Class is divided, similar Prize Money will be paid in each division.
9. Entry Fees: Members £5; Non-Members £7 – SHEEP ENTRIES CLOSE ON Friday 2nd June 2023. Prize Money in Sheep 1st £15, 2nd £10. 3rd £5
10. In all brood ewe classes, ewes with unsound udders will be disqualified. Ewes must have reared a lamb in 2023.
11. Prize money will be paid into securely into bank account given online
SPONSORS OF BALLYMENA SHOW 2023
Ballymena Show would not exist without the support it receives through our sponsors and as such we are grateful to all those who support our event in this way.
AHV UK & Ireland - Andrews Flour - Andrew Kennedy Plant & Fencing - Ballymena Credit Union - Ballymena Livestock Market - Ballynamaddy Horse Haylage - Ballymena Mortgage & Financial Services - Bells Animal Feeds - Ben Vista Nursery & Garden Centre - BH Dickey & Son Agri Contractor - Chipmaster - Clady Timber Co Ltd - Clydes Building Supplies - Creagh Concrete - D A Forgie - D J McKay & Son - Dairy Herd Management - Danske Bank - Datamars Livestock - Diamond Vallais Blacknose - Doherty & Gray - Doherty Woodshavings - Donnelly & Taggart - DT Carson Accountants - Ernest O’Hara - Essence Vault Fragrances - Fane Valley Feeds - Francis Dinsmore Ltd - George Hamilton Machinery - Gerard Kennedy and Sons - Glendale finance - Glens of Antrim Potatoes/Distillery - Grassmen - Greenhill Systems - H Colvin & Sons - HA McIlrath & Son Ltd - Haldane Fisher - Hamills recycling - Hampshire Down Sheep NI - Henrys Funeral Services - rish moiled cattle society - J & R Fuels - James Kernohan & Sons Ltd - Joe Black & Son Agri Contractor - John Anderson - John Thompson & Sons - JR Frew Accountants - JRC Cars - K & G McAtamney Butchery & Deli - Kersia - Killyless Stores - Lawrence Whyte Kitchens - Lisnafillan Farm Vet - M B Motors - Medivet - McCarroll & McConnell Co Ltd - McCarroll Plant Hire Ltd - McCurdy fuels - McKay Bros Quads - McKeown Accountants - McKervill Neilly Solicitors - McNeills Hardware - Mid and East Antrim Council - Mill Veterinary Centre - Moore Concrete - Moores Animal Feeds - Moypark Ltd - National Fallen Stock - Norbrook - NI Limousin Cattle Club - NI Pygmy Goat Club - NI Simmental Society - NI Texel Breeders Club - Nicholl Oils - Oldstone Veterinary Practice - Parklands Veterinary Practice - Pollock Car Sales - Provita Animal Health - Rainey and Gregg Estate Agency - Ravelglen Farm - Ringside Café - R J Cherry & Son - Robin Rainey & Sons - Robinson Quarry Master ltd - Samuel Cumming & Son Solicitors - Scullions Family Butcher - SH Coleman - Shearwell Data Ltd - Steele Farm Supplies - Stephens Catering Equipment - Stevenson Quarries - Stirling Trophies - Teemore Engineering - Thomas Gregg - Townhill Line Boring, Engineering Services -Tullyglass Hotel - Ulster Wool - United Feeds - Wilsons of Rathkenny - Winnies 1975 - Woodhill Training Services
REGULATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS TO EXHIBITORS
Intending Exhibitors are requested to read the Rules carefully, and not to lodge Entries unless they are prepared to comply strictly with the Regulations.
1. Lodging Entries. Enter online at www.showingscene.com or entry forms accurately completed and signed by the Exhibitor or Agent must be lodged with or sent by post to the Secretary of CAAA together with the amount of the Entry Fees where applicable.Cheques to be made payable to the County Antrim Agricultural Association (CAAA). Entries on plain paper cannot be accepted. The Association requests that intending Exhibitors lodge their entries with the Secretary as early as possible before the period for receiving Entries closes.
2. Entries Close. No Entry will be accepted unless it has been received on or before the closing date and is accompanied by the full amount of the fees.
3. Postponement. The Association reserves the right to [postpone or the Show but will not be responsible to any intending Exhibitor for loss incurred by reason of such postponement or abandonment.
4. Full particulars. All particulars required in the Entry Form must be stated, otherwise the exhibit is liable to be disqualified and excluded from the Show. The exhibit must be that as described in the Entry Form, and no other.
5. Verification of Statements. Each Exhibitor or agent must be prepared to verify every statement contained in the Entry Form in any manner the Association may require.
6. Exhibits not sent. Any person entering an exhibit, and failing to send same for exhibition, shall forfeit the Entry Fee.
7. Rejection of Entries. The Association reserves to itself the right to reject any Entry without assigning any reason thereof. In the event of the Association being unable to accept any entry, notice will be given not later than six days before the show, and the fees lodged will be refunded, or in any case of there being insufficient entries in a class where the Association withdraws the class from competition, the Entry Fees will be refunded.
8. Amalgamation/Division/Cancelling of Classes. Where, in the opinion of the Association, there are either insufficient or too many entries in any one Class, the Association may, without reference to the Exhibitor or
Agent, amalgamate, divide or cancel such Class. Amalgamation may be effected with any other similar, or relevant Class, with or without increase of Prize Money, but where a Class is divided, similar Prize Money will be paid in each division.
9. Entry Fees will not be refunded should an exhibitor wish to cancel any of his/her entries.
10. Due to Bio-Security measures, STRAW IS PROHIBITED.
11. Any minors accompanying Exhibitors to the Show are the responsibility of the Exhibitor. Child Exhibitors must be accompanied by an adult.
Exclusion of Liability
Ballymena Show Committee will not be responsible for accidents or losses.
County Antrim Agricultural Association, as organisers of Ballymena Show 2023, requires all entrants and exhibitors as a fundamental condition of entry to undertake and accept that Ballymena Show Committee shall not be liable in any way for any claim for compensation or otherwise which may arise out of or be connected with the Show including without prejudices to the generality of the foregoing, the holding, abandonment or alteration of the date of the Show, omission of any entry, the rejection or removal of any animals or other exhibit, the removal or exclusion of any owner, groom, rider or attendant from the Show, or the appointment decision, act or omission of any Judge, Officer, Official, employee or other persons be in any way responsible or accountable for anything that may happen (from any cause or circumstance whatsoever) to the Exhibitors or their Attendants or to any exhibit or property brought into the Showgrounds, or for anything else in connection with, or arising out of, or attributable to Ballymena Show. Each Exhibitor shall be solely responsible for any consequential or other loss, Injury or damage done to or occasioned by, or arising from any animals or item exhibited by him/her, and for its description as given in the Catalogue. Exhibitors shall indemnify the Ballymena Show committee against all legal or other proceedings in regards thereto.
All Exhibitors must comply with the above rules.