These Competitions are to be staged in a marquee adjacent to the Sheep Section. The Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association is very grateful to the British Wool Marketing Board for their assistance in the staging of these classes.
• Exhibitors may make any number of entries for the classes listed but may only actually exhibit two entries per class. It is the responsibility of exhibitors to ensure they enter in the correct class.
• IF ENTERING AN ORGANIC FLEECE PLEASE MARK ENTRY FORM WITH AN ‘O’ ALSO QUOTE YOUR RELEVANT ORGANIC LICENCE NUMBER.
• All fleeces should be neatly rolled and secured by the neck wool. All fleeces should be labelled with the class entered, the breed or cross and the name and address of the exhibitor.
• It is the responsibility of exhibitors to ensure delivery of their fleeces to the Fleece Competition Marquee at the Royal Cornwall Showground between 12 noon and 6.00 pm on Wednesday 8 June or up until 9.30 am on Thursday 9 June. Exhibitors are also responsible for the removal of their fleeces from the Showground between 3.00 pm and 7.00 pm on Saturday 11 June. It will not be possible for fleeces to be removed before 3.00 pm on the last day of the Show.
• Exhibitors whose total entry fee for fleeces is £12 or more will receive one, one day admission pass to the 2022 Royal Cornwall Show.
• Fleeces that are artificially stained or coloured or fastened with any form of twine will be eliminated.
• The Fleece Competitions will be judged on a points system and the judges’ decision will be final.
Anyone wishing to obtain further information on the presentation of fleeces should contact:
British Wool Marketing Board, Wool House, Sidings Close, Canal Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire. BD2 1AZ Tel: 01274 688666.
The Innovation in Wool Award
The Worshipful Company of Woolmen, based in the City of London and The Company of Merchants of the Staple of England, based in York are offering a prize in the UK for innovation in the use and application of wool.
The prize is open, regardless of your industry, as long as you:
Work predominantly with wool
Display genuine innovation
Offer a commercially viable application
Are excited about developing your ideas further
Prize fund up to £10000.
For more information, and to apply, please visit www.woolinnovationprize.com
Supported by The Campaign for Wool.
Please refer to our 2022 Livestock Prize Schedule for full details and terms and conditions of classes.
To purchase Membership, Guest Badges, Additional Day Tickets and Grandstand Tickets please book these through the Royal Cornwall Show website, www.royalcornwall.co.uk