Knit, Sew, Create!
ENTRIES CLOSE: WEDNESDAY 23RD AUGUST 2023
COLOURING COMPETITION: MONDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2023
FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER: 8.30AM – 1.30PM
• PLEASE PARK OUTSIDE THE HANDICRAFT MARQUEE WITHOUT BLOCKING ANY MARKED OUT TRADE PITCHES
• EXHIBIT COLLECTION DETAILS WILL BE GIVEN DURING STAGING ON THE FRIDAY
RULES OF THE FROME & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY:
1. All entries must be made by the closing date as stated in the schedule together with the entry fees.
2. All exhibits must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor.
3. No persons shall be with the judges (while executing their duty) except the President, the Show Managers or Stewards of the relevant sections.
4. Any exhibitor making a protest shall do so within one hour of the opening of the relevant section to exhibitors in writing to the Show Manager, together with a £10 deposit. The protest shall be settled by the Section Chairman from whose decision there shall be no appeal. In the event of the protest being ruled frivolous the deposit shall be
forfeited. If the protest is upheld, the deposit will be returned to the protester.
6. While taking all care the Society will not hold itself responsible for damage or loss of exhibits.
7. Although security will be on the Showground from Thursday 7th September until 8am on Sunday 10th September,
exhibitors are encouraged to adequately insure their exhibits against loss or damage.
RULES OF THE HOMECRAFT & HANDICRAFT SECTION:
1. In all classes exhibits must be the unaided work of the exhibitor. No exhibit previously shown at a Frome Agricultural & Cheese Show is eligible for entry. The judge’s decision is final.
2. No exhibitor can make more than one entry per class. The committee reserves the right to refuse any entry without stating reason.
3. Exhibits must be staged on Friday 8th September from 8.30 am - 1.30pm.
4. The marquee will close at 5pm on show day.
5. No exhibit to be removed before 5.15 pm on show day unless with express permission of the Section Chair or Show Managers.
6. Winners may collect their exhibits and prize money from the marquee on the Showground from 5.15pm - 6.00 pm on show day. Prize-money not collected during this time will be forfeited to the Society. Any exhibits remaining in the marquee after 6.00pm will be removed to the Show Office and be made available for collection up to two weeks after the Show.
7. Class numbers will be available for collection during setup on Friday 8th September. Pins will be available for attaching numbers to handicraft items and self-adhesive numbers for other works including back of photography. Please do not write your own labels, these will be available for collection when you deliver your exhibits.
8. All exhibits must be ‘as new’.
9. All entries must be suitable for a family show. Points System for all classes: 1st prize 4 points 2nd prize 2 points 3rd prize 1 point.
10. Exhibitors can request a vehicle pass to collect their entries after 5.30pm.
11. Exhibitors in the Homecraft & Handicraft section are entitled to purchase an exhibitor ticket for £12. There will be no ticket allocation based on entries in this section.