The green-fingered brigade!
ENTRIES CLOSE: FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST
DAHLIAS & CHRYSANTHEMUMS CLOSE: FRIDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER
THURSDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER: 12PM - 7PM
FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER: 9AM - 2.45PM
RULES OF THE FROME & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
1. All entries must be made by the closing date as stated together with the entry fees.
2. All exhibits must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor.
3. No persons shall be with the judges (while executing their duty) except the President, the
Secretary Or Stewards of the relevant sections.
4. Any exhibitor making a protest shall do so within one hour of the opening of the relevant section to
exhibitors in writing to the Secretary, together with a £10 deposit. The protest shall be settled by the
Stewards from whose decision there shall be no appeal. In the event of the protest being ruled frivo-lous the
deposit shall be forfeited. If the protest is upheld, the deposit will be returned to the protester.
RULES OF THE HORTICULTURAL SECTION
1. Only ONE entry per class is permitted (unless stated otherwise). Entries will be accepted subject to space being
available. Entry to the show is free to exhibitors after 4.30pm.
2. The committee reserves the right to refuse any entry without stating the reason.
3. Exhibitors may stage their exhibits from 12-7pm on Thursday 8th and 9-2.45pm on Friday 9th September.
4 Judging will commence at 3pm on Friday 9th September 2022. Judging will be conducted under the rules
specified in the preamble to the various sections in the schedule. The judges’ decision as to the relative merit of
the exhibits will be final. The marquee will be open to the public at 8.30am on show day.
5. Exhibitors are required to provide their own containers, etc. No exhibit may be removed before 5pm.
6. ALL horticultural exhibits must have been grown by the exhibitor, except in the Horticultural Display Class, Floral
Art and Children’s Section. All exhibits in the Floral Art Section must be arranged in the marquee with the exception
of classes 42, 43, 50.
7. Re-entry to the amateur exhibiting area for competitors to collect their property will be allowed at 5.30pm
on production of their entry acceptance form. Competitors may have one assistant who should be named on
the acceptance form and given the tear off portion. Exhibits not removed by 5.45pm will be disposed of by the
Stewards. While every care will be taken, the Society will not be liable for any loss or damage to person or
property that may arise whether by accident, fire or otherwise.
8. The trophies will be presented at 4.15pm by the show President on show day. Trophies are the property of
the Society and are to be held by the winners for one year or as modified. Such trophies are to be returned to
the Society on request of the secretary. Winners may engrave trophies if they wish.
9. Winners may collect their prize-money from the marquee on the Showfield from 3.30pm until 5.30pm on
Show day. Prize-money not collected during this time will be forfeited to the Society.
10. Although security will be on the Showfield from Thursday 8th September until 8am on Sunday 11th
September, exhibitors are encouraged to adequately insure their exhibits against loss or damage.
11. These classes are open to amateurs and persons not employing a regular gardener.
12. Exhibitors who enter £10+ worth of entries are entitled to 1 free show ticket. This will be available to
collect during staging from the Horticulture marquee. Any purchased tickets will be sent in advance.
13. Exhibitors will be given a vehicle pass to collect their entries after 5.30pm.